Select the desired type of alerting systems below. Not sure what to get?
What are Signaling Systems?
Signaling systems, or simply signalers, are designed to help notify you of different events, such as the phone/videophone ringing, the doorbell, a baby's cry, motion, weather alerts, smoke alarms, or carbon monoxide detectors. Also known as alerting or notification systems, these devices can alert you to different events through flashing lights, loud audible alarms, and/or vibration.
There are four things to consider when customizing an alerting system:
Which event do you want to be notified of?
You will need to purchase one transmitter for each event you would like to be notified of. Each transmitter is designed to alert you for a specific event; however, some transmitters do work for more than one event, such as a door and phone transmitter. For example, if you want to be alerted when your phone rings and when baby is crying, you would purchase one phone transmitter and one baby cry transmitter.
How many rooms do you want to be notified in?
For each room you want to be notified in, you will need to purchase a receiver. For example, if you wanted to be alerted in the bedroom, living room, and kitchen, you should purchase three receivers. Some brands also have portable receivers (such as pagers and watches) that you can bring with you wherever you go in your home. Each receiver will work with all your transmitters, as long as they are the same brand.
To ensure compatibility we suggest purchasing the same brand of signaling components. Don't mix apples with oranges! For example, if you already own a Sonic Boom SB1000ss alarm clock, buy signalers made by Sonic Alert.
Basically, there are two types of technology available for alerting systems. They can be either:
Radio Frequency (RF) Technology:
This technology sends a signal from your transmitters to your receivers through radio waves. It is ideal for both home use and for people who live in apartments, dorms, or other types of public housing because built-in dip switches can be adjusted to ensure your system will not interfere with a neighboring system. The following brands are radio frequency: Bellman & Symfon, Clarity/Ameriphone, and Silent Call.
Line Carrier Technology:
This technology sends a signal from your transmitters to your receivers through your home's electrical circuits. There is not any specific information about this technology that you need to be aware of. Sonic Alert uses line carrier technology.
Why are signalers so important?
Signaling systems not only allow deaf and hard-of-hearing people become more independent, they may also save lives. Watch the video to your right and see why alerting devices are so important!
At Assistech we carry a wide range of visual, vibrating, and audio signalers for the deaf and the hearing impaired, including the newest T3—or Temporal 3—smoke detector technology.
Use the Quick Guide below or consult our Product Wizard to find the right alerting device(s) for you!
Quick Guide to Alerting Systems
TYPES OF ALERTING SYSTEMS:
Connect your cell phone to the Central Alert CA-CX Phone Signaler and be notified by loud ringer, and bright, flashing lights when you receive a phone call, a text message, or an incoming Skype or FaceTime call. Also includes a jack for an optional bed shaker. Measures 4.6 inches x 3.3 inches x 3.5 inches.
- Plug in landline, or place cell phone in unit on vibrate mode to use
- Works with compatible receivers to provide notifications in other rooms (not included)
- Missed call or SMS indicator for cell phones
- Unique flashing patterns and ring tones may be assigned to different events
- Receives emergency alerts via WEA (Wireless Emergency Alerts), if it comes provided with cell phone service
- Powered by AC adapter, and has battery backup. 4 AA batteries (not included)
- Can be plugged into audio jack of computer to receive audible alerts from communication programs
- Comes with a 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm cable to plug into computer or phones not being monitored
- Can be placed up to 200 feet away from the CA360
The Alarm Clock Visit (BE1380) from Bellman & Symfon will wake you up and alert you to other events around your home. The Alarm Clock Visit has a powerful bed shaker with sound, high-intensity LED lights and a built-in audible alarm that increases in sound volume. With the built-in receiver capabilities, you'll know when your baby's crying, if someone's at the door, smoke detector is sounding, or your telephone is ringing!
The Bellman Alarm Clock measures 4.7 inches wide x 4.3 inches high x 3.6 inches deep (approx. 11.9 cm x 10.9 cm x 9.1 cm) and weighs 13.7 oz. (390 grams) including batteries.
The following video highlights some of the features of the BE1380 Alarm Clock.
How to connect and set the BE1380 Alarm Clock
- Loud 100+dB ascending alarm that spans multiple frequencies so even if you have high frequency hearing loss you won't miss the alarm
- Alarm timeout 20 minutes
- Powerful bed shaker that also emits sound directly under the pillow
- Four flashing LED lights
- Nightlight function helps guide you in dark rooms
- "Smart" snooze automatically reduces in time from 9 to 2 minutes in two-minute intervals, so you don't miss that important meeting
- RJ-11 jack to connect your telephone for the built-in phone ringer amplifier; lets you know when the phone is ringing
- External trigger 3.5mm stereo input jack for the Bellman Visit system's magnetic switch or door mat
- Large LCD display with adjustable backlight
- Battery backup powers all functions during a power outage, including bed shaker and LED lights
- Uses 4 AAA rechargeable batteries (included)
- 12/24 time format
- Bellman Visit system compatible
Will this alarm clock work in my country?
The Clarity AlertMaster® AL10 Notification System, previously called the AlertMaster AM6000, is a complete alerting system that alerts you to the telephone, alarm clock and doorbell. This system can be expanded by adding additional transmitters for notification of sound or motion. The AL10 is an ideal solution for those with a moderate-to-severe hearing loss. One year warranty.
- Provides alerts to telephone calls, alarm clock and the door
- Choice of doorbell or door knocker
- Built-in lamp flasher
- Large 3.5" clock display
- Powerful bed shaker (included)
- Wireless doorbell (included)
- Simple setup - no hard wiring required
- Works with existing AlertMaster products
What else do I need to make this work?
This is a complete system that comes with all the items needed for door, alarm clock and phone notification in one room. By adding optional transmitters and/or receivers, you can customize the AL10 system to fit all of your household notification needs.
#AL10 AlertMaster AL10 Visual Alert Notification System with Bed Shaker and Doorbell
#AL10K AlertMaster AL10 Visual Alert Notification System with Bed Shaker and Door Knocker
The new, redesigned Clarity AlertMaster® AL12 works as a remote receiver when used in conjunction with the AlertMaster AL10 and corresponding signalers. It has built-in flashing visual indicators to alert you to the doorbell, alarm clock, sound and motion. The AL12 is an ideal solution for the deaf and well as those with a moderate-to-severe hearing loss. One year warranty.
This product requires an AL10 or AL11 master unit to function. (See under "Related Products" below.)
The AM-DX Doorbell Signaler notifies you when someone knocks or when doorbell or intercom buzzer sound. Wireless transmission to master unit, no wiring or plug-in necessary. You will need one of the accessories (listed below) to work with this unit. One-year manufacturer's warranty.
The AM-PXB Personal Pager for Deaf / Blind was designed specifically for those with visual limitations, the AM-PXB has a tactile pad for notification anywhere in or around the home. Can be worn or carried inside, outside or in remote areas of the house, where flashing lamps may not be seen. Works in conjunction with the AL10 master unit or can be used as a master receiving unit in conjunction with any of the AlertMaster sound monitor accessories.
The AM-PXB will not notify of a ringing telephone without the AL10.