Hear books read to you as you do other activities.
Read to your kids anytime, from anywhere, with the Any Book Reader 30-hour Book Recorder/Player! This device works with books you already own, and what's more, it uses your own voice! Now your child can read his or her favorite books with your help anytime anywhere. Even out-of-town grandparents can use the Any Book Reader 30-hour Book Recorder/Player to read to their grandchildren, across any gap. With up to 30 hours of recording, that's a lot of story times!
How does the Any Book Reader 30-hour Book Recorder/Player work? By recording a page of a book, and placing a special sticker on that page that works with the reader. When the reader scans the sticker, it starts the playback of your voice recording of the words on the page - or the voice recording of your child, or the grandparents - anybody! Furthermore, since it's a recording of your voice, and it's activated by a unique sticker, any book can be used with the Any Book Reader 30-hour Book Recorder/Player.
With the Any Book Reader 30-hour Book Recorder/Player, you can personalize story time, even if you're not there. You can use funny voices and different inflections to tell the story - anything you'd normally do as you were reading to your child. The Any Book Reader 30-hour Book Recorder/Player is only 6.5 inches long by 1.4 inch diameter, making it easy for most kids to handle. Powered by 2 AAA batteries (not included).
- Record story time so your kids can hear you read to them whenever they want
- No software necessary
- Works with the books you already have
- Comes with a headphone jack
- Needs 2 AAA batteries (not included)
- Easy to operate
- 30 hours of recording time
- Comes with special stickers to correspond with recordings
Blaze EZ is a revolutionary OCR multi-player for books, music, documents, podcasts, recording, DAISY and more. With single-button access to music, media, documents and even printed materials, Blaze EZ OCR Multi-Player is yet another example of the HIMS commitment to blazing new paths to accessibility. Blaze EZ's wide range of media support and on-the-spot OCR and text-to-speech ensures endless hours of information and entertainment at the touch of a button, including newspapers, books, documents, restaurant menus as well as DAISY and media content. With the multi player for books, you can scan and read printed materials immediately, or save them for reading at your leisure.
Blaze EZ measures 11.67 cm x 5.89 cm x 1.63 cm (4.59 inches x 2.31 inches x 0.64 inch), and weighs only 138 grams (less than 5 ounces). One-year limited parts and labor warranty.
Features & Highlights:
Stand-alone, single-button OCR capture and read: Use Blaze EZ to OCR capture a menu, magazine article, library book, and more – all at the touch of a single button.
Built-in auto-focus camera ensures a high-quality image for accurate OCR and text-to-speech.
Built-in Wi-Fi: Use the built-in WiFi in Blaze EZ to access online DAISY, e-books, podcasts, internet radio and more.
High-quality recording: Record high-quality audio from internal microphone, external microphone (not included) or stereo line-in.
Plenty of memory: Blaze EZ features 12 GB internal flash memory!
Multi-player with simple, easy-to-use controls and file system: Three easy-access buttons with Braille letters "M", "R" and "B" give quick access to Music, Radio and Books. Above that, is a simple, easy-to-find record button, and below it, is a set of navigation buttons in the shape of a cross. At the bottom right corner, is a square button with a Braille letter "O" for OCR. A single press enters OCR mode and a second press will begin the capture and read process. Play DAISY, music and audio book files: Blaze EZ can read and play a variety of files including DAISY, TXT, BRL, MP3, MP4, WAV, WMA, WMV, OGG, ASF, AAC, AVI, FLAC, 3GP, MPG, M4A TXT, RTF, HTML, HTM, XML, DOC, DOCX, PDF, EPUB, FB2, PDF, and more.
Book Port allows you to read electronic text through by letter, word, sentence (or line), paragraph, and page. Move through digital audio files by three levels of phrase detection: sentence, paragraph, and section. If you use a Daisy audio book on the unit, you can enjoy the additional navigation provided by this file type, for example, pages and chapters. Book Port's magazine support makes it easy to move from article to article in magazines you read. This is a great way to browse the excellent magazines available from Web Braille or newsletters that contain specific sections of content. Book Port is powered with two AA batteries that are user-replaceable. It runs for well over 60 hours with electronic text on a set of batteries. Digital audio demands a little more from the power supply, but the unit's power consumption is remarkably conservative even on the most demanding content. One-year manufacturer's warranty.
- Read electronic text through by letter, word, sentence (or line), paragraph, and page
- Additional navigation when reading Daisy audio books
- Magazine support makes it easy to move from article to article
- Battery-powered (uses 2 AA batteries, not included)
Are you a frequent PC user who's blind or visually impaired? The Maxi Combo 4-ZoomText offers up to 36x magnification and also doubles as a screen reader, providing full accessibility when it comes to reading documents, web pages, and more!
If you prefer to listen rather than read, then youll be happy to know that the ZoomText can read text straight from your PC screen and run it out through your computer speakers. This makes it great for those who spend long periods of time at a PC and need to give their eyes a break.
The ZoomText Recorder and Background Reader are both included in Version 10, along with all the other features of the ZoomText Magnifier. The Recorder lets you convert text to audio recordings that you can listen to later on your PC or other device such as MP3 player or mobile phone. The Background Reader enables you to listen to text, whether it be from a document, email, or something else, while working on other tasks.
- NeoSpeech human-sounding speech synthesizer (English Only)
- Complete screen reading: controls, menus, messages, etc.
- 36x magnification
- Load ZoomText software via USB (supports Windows 7 , Vista, XP)
- Automatic document reader
- Full internet accessibility
- Read from pointer (reads keys typed from keyboard or text pointed at on screen)
- Supports popular applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat X, Adobe Reader X, Firefox, iTunes and Java.
This combo comes with the Logitech C615 HD Webcam and tabletop stand along with a 24-inch neck and ball pivot so you can easily position your camera. The stand will sit nicely on any desk, table, or general flat surface.
Why lug around 10 different products to entertain, organize, and simplify your life when one product - the size of a credit card - does it all? Right out of the box, the Milestone 312 includes the functionality of a Voice Recorder, Music Player, Text to Speech Player, DAISY-Audio Book Player, Radio, Clock and Alarm. Plus, with options it can also serve as an Agenda, a RFID Tagging System, a Barcode Reader and a Color Reader!
At only 1.9 ounces the Milestone 312 is easy to take with you anywhere. Organize your daily life, or just relax and be entertained! It's great for everyone and will be especially appreciated by the blind and visually impaired.
Package includes: USB cable, wall charger, neck lanyards (cloth and chain), 2GB disk, black case with loop, and print manual.
High quality voice recordings can be made with the integrated microphone or an external mic. Listen to your recordings over the powerful built-in speaker or using headphones. The integrated music player plays all popular formats. With the built-in text to speech software from Acapela, the Milestone 312 converts and reads text files.
Milestone 312 plays DAISY books and many other formats. No matter what you are listening to, you can increase and decrease playback or reading speed for easier, more convenient use. The following formats are usable with Milestone 312: MP3, AAC, WMA, WAV, TXT, DAISY 2.02, AA/AAX (Audible) and books from NLS.
Features and Functions
- Music Player - plays all popular formats at variable speed levels
- Book Player for DAISY, NLS, Audible.com High Quality, etc.
- Professional Voice Recorder, powerful and clear loud speaker
- Text To Speech Player, 30 voices in 13 languages available
- USB 2.0 High Speed connection guarantees a rapid computer access
- Internal memory space has been increased up to 1GB (expandable up to 32 GB)
- Appointment calendar, Clock, Alarm and Sleep Timer
- Easy handling - 6 buttons only, smallest design - size of a credit card
Optional Functions (Purchased Separately)
- Agenda appointment calendar (schedule reminders, etc.) ♥
- Speakout Integrated RFID Labeling System ♥
- Expandability with hardware add-ons: e.g. Color Reader (Fame) and Barcode Reader (Woodscan)
♥ NOTE: This model includes Agenda (calendar) and Speakout (labeling system) demo versions with 3 sample RFID tags.
The PLEXTALK Pocket is a DAISY-compliant digital book player, MP3 music player and voice recorder all in one lightweight unit that you can easily slip into your pocket and take anywhere. It is great for work, school or leisure and offers unmatched accessibility for those with low vision or learning difficulties.
Play back DAISY audio books and text-based DAISY books, NLS Library of Congress books and MP3 music files. The PLEXTALK Pocket supports up to 32GB of files on removable SD cards. You can also upload files to, and download from your PC. Record short voice memos or longer meetings and classes, and even insert headings at the touch of a button while recording for fast, easy navigation during playback.
Connect to Windows PC (Win 2000, XP or Vista) by bundled USB cables and PLEXTALK Pocket becomes an external drive. You just drag-and-drop files on your PC to PLEXTALK Pocket, without any specific folder name rules. Now you are ready to go out with your favorite DAISY books, other digital talking books, music, text, and html.
Listen to your books, music and voice recordings on your choice of the powerful built-in speaker, or you may prefer the included stereo earphone for private listening.
The accessible PLEXTALK Pocket gives spoken information about the current operation and provides key descriptions in Key Describer mode. In addition, it speaks menu items and includes a help function by simply pressing the number 5 key.
Product Dimensions: 2.2 inches x 4.4 inches x 0.6 inch (5.58 cm x 11,17 cm x 1.52 cm). Weight: 3.9 ounces (110 grams). One-year manufacturer's limited warranty.
- DAISY book, NLS book and MP3 player plus voice recorder
- Playback only what you want to review by navigating by headings
- Record short voice memos - great for remembering phone numbers, appointments, 'to do' lists, etc.
- Supports 32GB SDHC
- Load files to/from PC using USB cables
- Built-in speaker plus stereo earphone included
- Rechargeable battery and AC adapter included
- Battery can also be recharged via USB cable
- Sleep timer function switches off automatically at the setting time
- Portable and lightweight
- Operating Systems: Windows 2000, XP or Vista
- Memory Card Type: SD/SDHC
DAISY Book Playback: PLEXTALK Pocket supports DAISY2.02, ANSI/NISO Z39.86/DAISY3.0. You can playback not only DAISY audio books but also text-based DAISY books.
MP3 Music Playback: PLEXTALK Pocket detects music files inside the SD cards automatically if those files are not associated with DAISY books. Press the play/stop key for playback and the right or left key to move to the next or previous title. You can also play back music titles of a music CD inserted in a USB external CD/DVD drive.
Text / HTML Contents Playback Using Embedded Text-To-Speech Engine: PLEXTALK Pocket detects text/html files inside the SD card automatically and reads the file using the built-in text-to-speech (TTS) engine. You can navigate text and html files by paragraph, sentence, word, character, percentage, etc.
Playback from External USB Drive: Press the title key to select media to one where a contents you want to playback is stored.
Voice Recording with DAISY Structure: Using the record key and play/stop key, you can record the sound from the built-in microphone or line-in/microphone jack. Editing feature to put heading, erase sections is available to make the recorded contents as DAISY structure.
You can select your preferred sound quality setting from PCM 44.1kHz stereo, PCM 22.05kHz mono, MP3 256kbps stereo, MP3 128kbps stereo, MP3 64kbps mono and MP3 32kbps mono.
Voice Memo-Taking Capability: Press and hold down the record key and speak the memo. You can record up to 1 minute per memo and a maximum of 200 memos with 30 minutes total recording time.
The PTN2 is a fantastic way for you to enjoy your favorite audio title, such as DAISY Digital Talking Books, music CD's, MP3 or WMA (Windows Media Audio format) CD's, or audio books on CD. The PTN2 satisfies both people who want the simple operations of the player, particularly for leisure reading, and people who need more complex navigation for professional use.
With a mask cover on the PTN2, the more complex navigation keys are hidden, so you can easily operate the play function. When the mask cover is removed, you can operate additional functions, e.g. navigate a DAISY book by chapter, section, page, phrase, etc.
Listen to DAISY Books in Comfort:
- Using the navigation keys, you can select a specific page or chapter.
- The voice speed and tonal quality can be adjusted for easier listening.
- A bookmark can be placed wherever you desire to highlight a passage for reference.
- Voice guidance will guide you in the operations of all functions.
- With a mask cover, only a few keys appear on the PTN2, just like a cassette tape player.
- Automatic bookmark numbering. You do not have to remember or choose a number for a new bookmark.
Other Useful Functions:
- The sleep timer function turns the PTN2 off by itself automatically at the time set.
- DAISY books and other content on a CD disc can be backed up to an SD card or a USB device.
- You can play music CD, as well as play MP3 or WMA music files on a SD card or USB flash memory.
- Supports text-based book playback by synthetic voices; DAISY text books simple text, html, Windows doc.
- Plays books from major content providers in U.S.A, NLS cartridge or BARD service, or Recording for the Blind & Dyslexic (RFB&D) books on a CD, SD card or USB memory.
NOTE: DAISY stands for Digital Accessible Information System. It is the format that is being developed as the international standard for digital talking books and accepted at many library services for people with visually impairment or print disability. Please visit the DAISY Consortium web site (http://www.daisy.org/) for further details.
What's in the box:
- Plextalk PTN2 Digital Audio Player
- Mask cover
- Rechargeable battery
- AC adapter
- User's Guide CD
- Quick Reference Guide
- Safety instructions
- CD loading: Slot insertion
- Playable CDs: 12cm diameter, Stamped CD, CD-R, CD-RW. 8cm CD and irregularly shaped CDs will cause a malfunction and should not be used.
- SD card slot: SD/SDHC card (maximum storage size: 32GB)
- Playable content: Books conforming to DAISY 2.0, 2.02 and 3.0 standards; Audio files in MP3, WMA, AMR-WB-plus, Ogg Vorbis, Wave (PCM) formats and Audible Format 4(.aa); Music CDs (CD-DA)
- Sound output: Headphone (Stereo), Built in speaker (Monaural)
- Externally connected terminal: USB 2.0 (Type A)
- Electric power source: AC adapter, AC 100 V to 240 V, 50 or 60 Hz
- Headphones (line output): Compatible impedance 32 ohm unbalanced; Jack 3.5mm diameter stereo mini jack
- Built-in speaker: Output impedance 4 ohm; Output 2W
- Guide Voice: Gives spoken information about the current operation; Provides key descriptions in Key Describer mode; Speaks menu items; Gives help information (press the Information key).
- Search Function: DAISY book - Heading, Group, Page, Phrase, Bookmark; Audio - Album, Track, Bookmark; Text file - Screen, Paragraph, Sentence, Word, Character, Bookmark; HTML file - Level, Paragraph, Sentence, Word, Character, Bookmark.
- Volume adjustment steps: 0 to 25 (in increments of 1)
- Guide volume adjustment steps: minus-5 to plus-5 (in increments of 1)
- Play speed adjustment: 11 settings from minus-2, through 0, to plus-8 (in increments of 1); Normal speed is at 0; minus-2 is 0.5 times speed; plus4 is double speed; plus8 triple speed.
- Tone adjustment steps: 13 settings from -6, through 0, to plus6 (in increments of 1); Normal tone is at 0
- Memory function: Bookmarks, maximum is 10,000
- Battery: Ni-MH; Charging Time - approx. 4 hours
- Operating Time: DAISY format, CD playing - 5 hours; Music CD (CD-DA) format, CD playing - 2 hours; DAISY format, SD card playing - 8 hours
- Dimensions: 17 cm wide x 21.9 cm long x 5.6 cm high (6.69 inches x 8.62 inches x 2.2 inches)
- Weight: 2.87 lbs (1.3 kg)
Imagine having the latest novels, magazines, your favorite music, audio-described films, texts and your own voice recordings, all in the palm of your hand!
With its new lightweight and compact design, Victor Reader Stream delivers hours of listening pleasure ANYWHERE!
Far more than just another audio player, the new Stream's wireless capabilities open up the world to people who are blind or visually impaired.
The new Victor Reader Stream is 28-percent smaller than its predecessor. Its new sleek design is thinner and features rounded shapes, making it more comfortable to hold.
The new Stream opens new possibilities for receiving content wirelessly, from books and newspapers to podcasts and radio. It also features a louder speaker, superior text-to-speech, and improved recording.
The high contrast, robust, tactile keypad and popular Victor Reader bookshelf navigation still make this Stream the easiest to use hand-held player on the market.
A multimedia library in your pocket! Taking your books, music and much more everywhere you go is so easy with the new Victor Reader Stream's excellent features:
- Supports up to 32GB removable SD cards and external USB flash drives
- Read books from DAISY libraries: NLS, Bookshare, Learning Ally
- Enjoy books and music from iTunes
- Play text documents with built-in text-to-speech from Acapela
The unit measures 4.5 x 2.4 x 0.7 inches (11.4 x 6.2 x 1.8 cm) and weighs only 3.9 oz (110 g) including battery.
Features and Benefits:
- Play books/music (DAISY, iTunes, MP3/4, WAV, etc.)
- Text-to-speech & integrated WiFi for wireless content
- Supports up to 32GB SD cards & USB flash drives
- Recharge via computer USB or USB AC adapter
- Measures 4.5 inches long and weighs only 3.9 oz.
- Replaceable battery recharges via your computer USB or USB AC adapter
- Built-in speaker and headphone jack
- Self-voicing controls
- Read at your pace by controlling playback speed
- Sleep key - playback stops if you fall asleep
- Information key announces book title, time elapsed/remaining, total pages and more
- Where Am I key announces reading position such as page, chapter, or song title
- Key describer announces the functions of each key
- High contrast, robust, tactile keypad for ease of use and long-term service
- Free software updates over wireless network
- Record audio with a simple touch: Use the built-in mono microphone or your own stereo microphone to record voice notes, to-do lists, classroom lectures or from a line-in device.
Navigate quickly and easily:
- The new Stream has simple navigation to deliver the ultimate user experience
- Locate files, books, audio recordings quickly and simply with just a key press
- Browse DAISY books by chapter, section, or phrase
- Move through text files by paragraph, sentence and word
- Go To Page key finds pages just like turning to a specific page in a printed book
- Never lose your place: your Stream automatically resumes where you left off
- Bookmark important passages - even record your own voice annotations
- Navigate MP3 books and music by folder or file
The Victor Reader Stream is the ultimate audio device for blind and low vision users, or others who prefer to listen rather than read and would like to do so on the move.
Expandable up to 32GB with an SD card or flash drive, the Victor Reader Stream gives you plenty of room to store all your favorite audio books, songs, or even personal recordings done with the built-in audio recorder. Despite the amount of content the device can hold, it’s extremely compact and portable. Being 28% smaller than the last generation, the New Generation Victor Reader Stream has a more comfortable, modern design making it easier to hold and carry.
Wireless capability is one of the key features of this device. Whether it be an audio book, magazine, newspaper or the radio, the new Victor Reader Stream allows you to receive multimedia content wirelessly.
Have a load of text documents sitting around? No problem. The Victor Reader Stream boasts high quality text-to-speech output from Acapela (in Spanish).
The New Generation Victor Reader Stream measures 4.5 inches long x 2.4 inches wide x 0.7 inches thick (approx. 11.4 cm x 6 cm x 1.7 cm) and weighs just 3.9 oz or 110 grams (including battery).
- High quality text-to-speech through Acapela voice synthesis
- Replaceable and rechargeable battery (can charge through USB or USB AC adapter)
- Built-in speaker and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Self-voicing functionality
- Adjustable playback speed
- Sleep key – stops playback if you fall asleep
- Information key: announces title of book, time elapsed/remaining, total pages, and more
- Identify reading position, page, chapter, song title, etc. with the Where Am I key
- Key describer announces the functions of each key
- Tactile and strong keypad for long-lasting use
- Compact, portable, and modern
- Free software updates over WiFi
- Easily record audio with the built-in microphone, or your own
- Simple and easy-to-understand navigation
- Locate media quickly and easily with a simple key press
- Scroll through DAISY books by chapter, section, or phrase
- Browse through text files by paragraph, sentence, or word
- Move to a specific page with the Go To Page key
- Automatically resumes playing audio where you left off
- Bookmark pages and record voice annotations
- Navigate MP3 books and music by folder or file