The Foxy Reader is an all-in-one product for the blind and visually impaired that is capable of recording lists or messages, playing MP3/audio music/files and labeling items. Product includes tactile self-adhesive and water-resistant labels (240) and tags (5), a deck of tactile playing cards, earphones, batteries, battery charger, a USB to mini-USB cable, a lanyard and user guide. The water-resistant tactile labels are perfect for clothing. The Foxy Reader will store recorded names and speak them when they required in a clear, pleasant voice.
The tactile playing cards can be read by the Foxy Reader in a discreet manner, and you can play back endless lists for shopping or work purposes. The device also comes with storage space of up to 4GB for MP3 music and audio files that can be downloaded with the USB cable from your computer. An option to increase the 1 SD memory card to 32GB is available.
Size of product: 5 inches x 1.25 inches or 12.7 cm x 3.1 cm
Weight of product: 1.5 oz or 42 g
- Reads labels, records messages, plays MP3 music and audio files; includes tactile labels and playing cards for the blind or visually impaired
- All inclusive package with batteries, charger, self-adhesive water-resistant labels and tags, earphones, lanyard, microphone, loudspeaker, user manual (print and CD) etc.
- Uses 2 AAA batteries (Included)
- SD memory card capable of storing 4GB of data; further option to increase storage space to 32GB
- USB cable included for downloading files from computer
- Easy-to-use, lightweight and clear talking function
The PTN2 is a fantastic way for you to enjoy your favorite audio title, such as DAISY Digital Talking Books, music CD's, MP3 or WMA (Windows Media Audio format) CD's, or audio books on CD. The PTN2 satisfies both people who want the simple operations of the player, particularly for leisure reading, and people who need more complex navigation for professional use.
With a mask cover on the PTN2, the more complex navigation keys are hidden, so you can easily operate the play function. When the mask cover is removed, you can operate additional functions, e.g. navigate a DAISY book by chapter, section, page, phrase, etc.
Listen to DAISY Books in Comfort:
- Using the navigation keys, you can select a specific page or chapter.
- The voice speed and tonal quality can be adjusted for easier listening.
- A bookmark can be placed wherever you desire to highlight a passage for reference.
- Voice guidance will guide you in the operations of all functions.
- With a mask cover, only a few keys appear on the PTN2, just like a cassette tape player.
- Automatic bookmark numbering. You do not have to remember or choose a number for a new bookmark.
Other Useful Functions:
- The sleep timer function turns the PTN2 off by itself automatically at the time set.
- DAISY books and other content on a CD disc can be backed up to an SD card or a USB device.
- You can play music CD, as well as play MP3 or WMA music files on a SD card or USB flash memory.
- Supports text-based book playback by synthetic voices; DAISY text books simple text, html, Windows doc.
- Plays books from major content providers in U.S.A, NLS cartridge or BARD service, or Recording for the Blind & Dyslexic (RFB&D) books on a CD, SD card or USB memory.
NOTE: DAISY stands for Digital Accessible Information System. It is the format that is being developed as the international standard for digital talking books and accepted at many library services for people with visually impairment or print disability. Please visit the DAISY Consortium web site (http://www.daisy.org/) for further details.
What's in the box:
- Plextalk PTN2 Digital Audio Player
- Mask cover
- Rechargeable battery
- AC adapter
- User's Guide CD
- Quick Reference Guide
- Safety instructions
- CD loading: Slot insertion
- Playable CDs: 12cm diameter, Stamped CD, CD-R, CD-RW. 8cm CD and irregularly shaped CDs will cause a malfunction and should not be used.
- SD card slot: SD/SDHC card (maximum storage size: 32GB)
- Playable content: Books conforming to DAISY 2.0, 2.02 and 3.0 standards; Audio files in MP3, WMA, AMR-WB-plus, Ogg Vorbis, Wave (PCM) formats and Audible Format 4(.aa); Music CDs (CD-DA)
- Sound output: Headphone (Stereo), Built in speaker (Monaural)
- Externally connected terminal: USB 2.0 (Type A)
- Electric power source: AC adapter, AC 100 V to 240 V, 50 or 60 Hz
- Headphones (line output): Compatible impedance 32 ohm unbalanced; Jack 3.5mm diameter stereo mini jack
- Built-in speaker: Output impedance 4 ohm; Output 2W
- Guide Voice: Gives spoken information about the current operation; Provides key descriptions in Key Describer mode; Speaks menu items; Gives help information (press the Information key).
- Search Function: DAISY book - Heading, Group, Page, Phrase, Bookmark; Audio - Album, Track, Bookmark; Text file - Screen, Paragraph, Sentence, Word, Character, Bookmark; HTML file - Level, Paragraph, Sentence, Word, Character, Bookmark.
- Volume adjustment steps: 0 to 25 (in increments of 1)
- Guide volume adjustment steps: minus-5 to plus-5 (in increments of 1)
- Play speed adjustment: 11 settings from minus-2, through 0, to plus-8 (in increments of 1); Normal speed is at 0; minus-2 is 0.5 times speed; plus4 is double speed; plus8 triple speed.
- Tone adjustment steps: 13 settings from -6, through 0, to plus6 (in increments of 1); Normal tone is at 0
- Memory function: Bookmarks, maximum is 10,000
- Battery: Ni-MH; Charging Time - approx. 4 hours
- Operating Time: DAISY format, CD playing - 5 hours; Music CD (CD-DA) format, CD playing - 2 hours; DAISY format, SD card playing - 8 hours
- Dimensions: 17 cm wide x 21.9 cm long x 5.6 cm high (6.69 inches x 8.62 inches x 2.2 inches)
- Weight: 2.87 lbs (1.3 kg)
Imagine having the latest novels, magazines, your favorite music, audio-described films, texts and your own voice recordings, all in the palm of your hand!
With its new lightweight and compact design, Victor Reader Stream delivers hours of listening pleasure ANYWHERE!
Far more than just another audio player, the new Stream's wireless capabilities open up the world to people who are blind or visually impaired.
The new Victor Reader Stream is 28-percent smaller than its predecessor. Its new sleek design is thinner and features rounded shapes, making it more comfortable to hold.
The new Stream opens new possibilities for receiving content wirelessly, from books and newspapers to podcasts and radio. It also features a louder speaker, superior text-to-speech, and improved recording.
The high contrast, robust, tactile keypad and popular Victor Reader bookshelf navigation still make this Stream the easiest to use hand-held player on the market.
A multimedia library in your pocket! Taking your books, music and much more everywhere you go is so easy with the new Victor Reader Stream's excellent features:
- Supports up to 32GB removable SD cards and external USB flash drives
- Read books from DAISY libraries: NLS, Bookshare, Learning Ally
- Enjoy books and music from iTunes
- Play text documents with built-in text-to-speech from Acapela
The unit measures 4.5 x 2.4 x 0.7 inches (11.4 x 6.2 x 1.8 cm) and weighs only 3.9 oz (110 g) including battery.
Features and Benefits:
- Play books/music (DAISY, iTunes, MP3/4, WAV, etc.)
- Text-to-speech & integrated WiFi for wireless content
- Supports up to 32GB SD cards & USB flash drives
- Recharge via computer USB or USB AC adapter
- Measures 4.5 inches long and weighs only 3.9 oz.
- Replaceable battery recharges via your computer USB or USB AC adapter
- Built-in speaker and headphone jack
- Self-voicing controls
- Read at your pace by controlling playback speed
- Sleep key - playback stops if you fall asleep
- Information key announces book title, time elapsed/remaining, total pages and more
- Where Am I key announces reading position such as page, chapter, or song title
- Key describer announces the functions of each key
- High contrast, robust, tactile keypad for ease of use and long-term service
- Free software updates over wireless network
- Record audio with a simple touch: Use the built-in mono microphone or your own stereo microphone to record voice notes, to-do lists, classroom lectures or from a line-in device.
Navigate quickly and easily:
- The new Stream has simple navigation to deliver the ultimate user experience
- Locate files, books, audio recordings quickly and simply with just a key press
- Browse DAISY books by chapter, section, or phrase
- Move through text files by paragraph, sentence and word
- Go To Page key finds pages just like turning to a specific page in a printed book
- Never lose your place: your Stream automatically resumes where you left off
- Bookmark important passages - even record your own voice annotations
- Navigate MP3 books and music by folder or file