Looking for a versatile amplified phone with a wide variety of useful features? The Amplicom PowerTel 785 Responder™ boasts a flash corded/cordless pairing with a multipurpose wrist transmitter. If you’re after quick dialing, easy call answering, and a streamlined emergency call function – then the PT785 is for you.
The PT785 is the ideal phone for households that have several members with hearing loss due to its ability to store up to 3 user profiles each containing different volume and tone preferences. In addition, the PT785 includes a built-in speakerphone, digital answering machine, 200-entry phonebook, talking Caller ID, as well as a talking keypad. While the phone is recommended for people with moderate to severe hearing loss, it’s also great for those with low vision. A two-year warranty is included.
If you’re finding that the base plus additional handset just isn’t enough, you’ll be glad to know that the PT785 allows up to 4 expansion handsets and wrist shakers per base. A bed shaker is also available for the corded base. Check out the “Related Products” section for more details.
Features of the PT-785:
- Digital DECT 6.0 technology
- Call amplification up to 50dB
- Digital answering machine
- Tone and volume control
- Loud ringer (up to 90dB) with visual indicator
- Talking keypad and talking Caller ID
- 200 name and number phonebook
- English, Spanish, or French voice prompts
- 3 one-touch memory buttons
- 2.5mm jack for headsets
- PABX compatible
- Expandable up to 4 extra handsets
- Jack for optional bed shaker
- Compatible with hearing aids
- TIA-1083 compliant
Wrist Shaker Features:
- Approx. 600 foot (180 meter) range
- Incoming calls signaled by vibration and LED light
- Remotely activates speakerphone (with corded base)
- Emergency function (with corded base)
- Standby time up to 50 hours
Is this phone compatible with VOIP / DSL?
Good to know:
This phone is designed to work on analog phone lines. If you have DSL, you will need to contact your phone company and ask them to install a DSL filter so you can use this phone. If you have VOIP, you will need an analog telephone adapter such as the HT701 (with one port) or HT702 (with two ports).
Will this telephone work in my country?
Attention International Shoppers:
Please consult our Guide to Phone Jack Converters to find out if you'll need any type of plug adapters or phone conversion jacks.